Fortunately with urgent and immediate lockdown from mid March, Australia has managed to avoid COVID-19 outbreaks as seen elsewhere. However it is likely that the virus causing COVID-19 will continue to circulate in the community until such time as a vaccine is developed.
Thank you for your patience while Beechnut Medical Rooms has moved through the changing restrictions in our State. From next week, Monday 25th May we will once again be offering our medical services on a face-to-face basis while still observing social distancing, strict hand and surface hygiene and a brief screening questionnaire moving forward.
Because of the nature of the services we offer and the complexity of some of our patients’ medical problems, Face to Face consultations are still the cornerstone for timely, accurate and patient centred care, especially for first appointments.
We will limit the number of patients in the waiting room and will space appointments out to ensure the is no overcrowding and will have a limit of 10 people (including staff) in the building at any one time, similar to guidelines for restaurants and pubs.
What does this mean for my appointment:
- You will still be asked COVID-19 screening questions when we confirm your appointment and when you arrive at reception
- If you feel unwell in any way we ask that you reschedule your appointment to a time when you feel well
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser when you come into Reception
- We will ask you to utilise one of our two waiting rooms to help people space accordingly
- We ask that you come by yourself if possible or limit companions to one other person
- We will have a second door open to increase air flow and fresh air through the waiting rooms
- If you have concerns about coming into the medical rooms please let staff know and we can reschedule your appointment to a later date
What does this mean for my procedure / elective surgery:
- Hospitals are allowed to resume elective surgery but this must be done in a way that allows for social distancing and preservation of PPE
- Hospital theatre lists are going ahead but are still at a reduced level
- If you had a previously booked procedure you will likely be offered the same date of procedure again
- You can choose to proceed or not depending on your personal circumstances
- The hospital will also ask you screening questions for COVID-19
You can always talk to our helpful staff about any concerns you have in regards to your consultation or procedure.
We will continue to monitor advice from the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and the Federal and State Departments of Health.