We understand that COVID 19 has changed the way health care is delivered for the short to medium term.
We simply wanted to let you know that Dr Robert Foster and Dr Kate Napthali are still receiving referrals for Consultations and Procedures.
Procedures which will still be undertaken at this time include Category 1 and Urgent Category 2 procedures.
- Patients with a likely primary colorectal cancer, based on imaging or alarm symptoms and demonstrated iron deficiency.
- Patients with dysphagia and alarm symptoms.
- Patients with rectal bleeding and alarm symptoms.
- Patients with new moderate – severe inflammatory bowel disease.
- Other urgent cases after review by Dr Foster or Napthali.
Dr Napthali and Dr Foster will largely be performing new consultations via Zoom or telephone consultation. A small amount of new patients will be offered a face to face appointment but these are limited and decided on a case by case basis by the Gastroenterologist.
Patients with complex disease requiring follow up will continue to be reviewed via Zoom or telephone consultation.
We would be more than happy to be contacted at any time by general practitioners to discuss patients or to provide general advice.
A quick reminder that online referrals can be made here https://beechnutmedical.com/referral/
We wish you all the best for the next few months, which will be challenging, however fortunately the medical community in Newcastle is mutually supportive and keen to work together to ensure continuity of care and excellent patient outcomes.
With best wishes
Dr Kate Napthali and Dr Robert Foster